If you are a first time writer or a bestselling author, you will have a moment or maybe even too when you just do not know what to do next.Here a couple of good rules to follow to keep moving forward with your first book or your next in a series of reader favorites.
1. Write. Just keep writing and it will come to you.
2. Put one word after another. Find the right word, put it down. You can always correct them later.
3. Finish what you're writing. Whatever you have to do to finish it, finish it.
4. Put it aside. Read it pretending you’ve never read it before. Show it to friends whose opinion you respect and who like the kind of thing that this is.
5. Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right.
6. Laugh at your own jokes. If you do not think it is funny others might not as well.
7. The main rule of writing is that if you do it with enough assurance and confidence, you’re allowed to do whatever you like.
These tips will not always be the solution but they can help to keep you on the right track and moving forward.